E-commerce is transforming businesses both big and small, allowing them to take advantage of another sales channel and interact with customers outside of the standard working day.
Selling online has some clear advantages:
- reduction in costs of having a 'bricks and mortar' store
- growing your customer base outside of a specific geographic location
- delivering loyal customers both an online and offline experience
- being open when it suits your customers, not when it suits you.
E-commerce however can be a bit scary if you're new to the market. Some common questions are:
- how much is it going to cost me?
- how will I attract customers to my website?
- do I really need to have an online presence?
- who can help me set up an e-commerce site/what's the best software to use?
For those who haven't yet dipped their toe in the world of e-commerce, we've gathered some information to give you a helping hand.
Our E-Commerce Solutions
Fairfax Media has two great solutions for New Zealand businesses, Popshop and Indexed. These sites offer businesses the opportunity to sell their products online without the ongoing, costly overheads of managing an e-commerce site, and is ideal for those who want to test the e-commerce market before making a big investment.
POPSHOP makes it easy for advertisers to sell, and even easier for customers to buy. You can test e-commerce or introduce a new, online sales channel without heavy investment. Your sale will be supported through a built-in marketing campaign across Stuff to ensure maximum awareness.
INDEXED is a site that curates products from New Zealand brands in one place, making it easier for consumers to find what they're looking for online, and compare without having to go from site to site.